Her Option® – Treatment for Heavy Periods
Her Option® is intended for treatment of pre-menopausal women who have completed childbearing, and whose AUB symptoms are the result of benign causes.
Approximate duration of cryoablation procedure
Pre-procedure: 45 minutes
Procedure: 10-20 minutes
Post-procedure: 15 minutes
Total: 75-85 minutes
You will be given a pre-procedure instruction sheet to prepare you for a smooth procedure. The sheet also includes specific patient recommendations and office contact information.
Consider the following recommendations:
- You may have a light meal 30-45 minutes prior to her treatment.
- Arrive at our office approximately 30 minutes to one hour prior to the procedure time.
- You should have a comfortably full bladder for the treatment. We encourage you to drink two 8-oz. cups of water before you arrive.
- We may perform a urine pregnancy test 3-4 weeks prior to Her Option treatment. And obtain your consent for treatment of the procedure.
- If you asked for a sedative, please make sure you arrange transportation to and from our office.